Mercury Verado Power Steering Wiring DiagramThe Mercury Verado power steering system is a hydraulically-assisted system that uses a belt-driven pump to provide power to the steering gear. The system is controlled by a steering angle sensor, which sends a signal to the power steering control module (PSCM). The PSCM then sends a signal to the pump, which varies the amount of fluid flow to the steering gear to provide the desired level of assistance. The following is a wiring diagram for the Mercury Verado power steering system:
1. BatteryThe battery provides power to the power steering system. The battery is connected to the PSCM via a positive battery cable and a negative battery cable.
2. Power Steering PumpThe power steering pump is a belt-driven pump that provides power to the steering gear. The pump is connected to the engine via a serpentine belt.
3. Steering GearThe steering gear is a hydraulically-assisted steering gear that converts the rotation of the steering wheel into the movement of the steering linkage. The steering gear is connected to the pump via a high-pressure hose and a return hose.
4. Steering Angle SensorThe steering angle sensor is a potentiometer that measures the angle of the steering wheel. The sensor is connected to the PSCM via a wiring harness.
5. Power Steering Control Module (PSCM)The PSCM is the electronic control unit for the power steering system. The PSCM receives signals from the steering angle sensor and the engine speed sensor. The PSCM then sends a signal to the pump to vary the amount of fluid flow to the steering gear.
6. Engine Speed SensorThe engine speed sensor is a magnetic pickup that measures the rotational speed of the engine. The sensor is connected to the PSCM via a wiring harness.
7. FuseThe fuse protects the power steering system from electrical overloads. The fuse is located in the fuse block.
8. Wiring HarnessThe wiring harness connects the various components of the power steering system together. The wiring harness is routed through the engine compartment and the interior of the boat. ## How to Troubleshooting Mercury Verado Power Steering Problems If you are experiencing problems with your Mercury Verado power steering system, there are a few things you can check to troubleshoot the problem.
1. Check the fluid levelThe first thing you should check is the fluid level in the power steering reservoir. The reservoir is located on the side of the power steering pump. The fluid level should be between the "full" and "add" marks on the reservoir. If the fluid level is low, you will need to add fluid to the reservoir.
2. Check the beltsThe next thing you should check is the belts. The power steering pump is driven by a belt. If the belt is loose or damaged, it will not be able to provide enough power to the pump. You will need to tighten or replace the belt as needed.
3. Check the hosesThe power steering system uses high-pressure hoses to transport fluid from the pump to the steering gear. If the hoses are damaged, they can leak fluid and cause the power steering system to fail. You will need to inspect the hoses for leaks and replace them as needed.
4. Check the pumpThe power steering pump is the heart of the power steering system. If the pump fails, the entire system will not work. You will need to test the pump to see if it is working properly.
5. Check the steering gearThe steering gear is the other major component of the power steering system. If the steering gear is damaged, it will not be able to convert the rotation of the steering wheel into the movement of the steering linkage. You will need to test the steering gear to see if it is working properly. If you are unable to troubleshoot the problem yourself, you will need to take your boat to a qualified Mercury dealer for service. ## Conclusion The Mercury Verado power steering system is a reliable and efficient system. However, like any other system, it can experience problems. By following the troubleshooting tips in this article, you can quickly and easily diagnose and repair any problems with your Mercury Verado power steering system.
Verado Power Steering Pump Permanently Fixed The Hull Truth Boating And Fishing Forum
Gridning Sound With Hydraulic Steering Key West Boats Forum
2 Verados 3 Batteries 4 Position Switches The Hull Truth Boating And Fishing Forum
Boat Repair Forum
Mercury Marine Steering Systems Amp Components Tiller Handle Kit Big Power Steer Dts Parts
620fs Veradowith 5th Battery Wired Incorrectly Walleye Message Central
Power Steering Pump Change
Twin Mercury 150 4s W Power Steering The Hull Truth Boating And Fishing Forum
Mercury 400r Verado Fourstroke Manuals Manualslib
Verado Power Steering Pumps Intermittent Shut Off On Solution Being Tested The Hull Truth Boating And Fishing Forum
Battery Isolators On Verado The Hull Truth Boating And Fishing Forum
Verado Power Steering Install Question The Hull Truth Boating And Fishing Forum
Mercury Clean Power Fuse Keeps Ing
Hydraulic Steering West Marine
Mercury Clean Power Fuse Keeps Ing
Mercury Joystick Piloting For Outboards Manual Pdf Manualslib
How To Flush And Bleed Power Steering Systems Mobil
Mercury Marine 200 Hp Verado 4 Stroke Cylinder Electrical Box Components Parts